Friday, August 9, 2013

My favourite Belgian bloggers.


Being a Belgian I read a lot of Belgian blogs. This sounds normal does not it? Today I would like to present 2 of my favourite Belgian blogs. These blogs are Belgian in the true sense of the word. Not only they are written by writers of Belgian nationality, they are also written by people who feel they are Belgian.
Since these kinds of real Belgians are becoming more and more scarce I would like to put them in the spotlights for the day.


Jan Steurs’s blog is a personal blog by social media manager Jan Steurs. Like most good things I discovered this blog while looking for something entirely different. Like Me Mr. Steurs has got a knack for languages. Unlike yours truly he has got a degree in applied linguistics to prove it.
I particularly like Jan Steurs’s blog for the honest display of his personal opinions. In my view his blog proves that he is a real Belgian. His blog is written in Dutch, one of the official languages in Belgium.

The second blog I would like to feature is ‘Journal d’un petit Belge’. As you can derive from the title, this blog is written in French also an official language in Belgium. ‘Petit Belge’ sounds a little bit like my own alias ‘littlebelgianwriter’. In fact, I first discovered this blog when I made an attempt to set up a blog in French using an alias quite similar to ‘Petit Belge’. Petit Belge is a Belgian nationalist and in his blog he displays a number of notable places and facts about Belgium.

I hope you will enjoy these blogs as much as I do. In fact I want to dedicate this blog to Belgium as much as possible. In doing so I hope people will realize that Belgium is a real country and not a mere sum of Flanders, Wallonia and the East Cantons. That is probably the reason why I am writing this blog in English: this way I hope that neither the Flemish nor the Walloons will tell me that I am putting the others first.

No comments:

Post a Comment