Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I am littlebelgianwriter!


This blog’s name makes it pretty clear: I am not very tall, I am from Belgium and I love to write (mostly in English). This is not my first blog either. I have kept other blogs before and currently I have been writing on a daily basis for a number of English language blogging and article sites.




Contributing to the aforementioned sites has boosted my confidence for one. I now feel more confident about my own writing than I did a few months ago. When I first started out on the sites I was primarily looking for sites that would allow me to publish my poetry online. I soon found out that a number of sites do not allow members to publish poetry.
This fact introduced me to the world of article writing, which is something that I was not really familiar with prior to registering with blogging and article sites. At first I did not feel confident at all when writing articles. I questioned myself a lot as to what I would write about.



Slowly but surely I found out that there were more things that I was able to write about than I previously could have imagined. Shortly after I had published my first article I found myself writing about an unlikely number of topics that I would not have dreamed of tackling before.


In fact I found out that there is a lot of truth in the saying that everybody can be an expert. I do believe that most people are experts in their own right. Having said that, I believe we all inherently possess the power to display that expertise adequately. All we need to do is to allow ourselves to discover our inner expert.


Mostly I write about what springs to mind. In doing so, I find myself writing about a wide variety of topics. I do keep a notebook in order to jot my ideas down. In fact I do get the brightest ideas when I am not thinking about writing at all. Before I kept my notebook I tended to forget those ideas from the moment I actually sat down in order to write my articles. Of course this did not help matters.


Keeping a notebook seemed to do the trick for me. If/ when asked what would be my first tip for an aspiring writer I surely would answer: “Keep a notebook.”

No comments:

Post a Comment